So yesterday I posted some gifs of me really happy with my new Zacharie mask and some people asked how I made it. And since I’m a veeery good person: Here’s a tutorial on how to make it!! :D
So, actually my Zacharie mask was a gift from a friend (@zombierod), and I asked him to make a tutorial and it was very kind of him to send me one :33
"I didn’t document the whole process but I hope this helps the curious people to understand a little bit on how I managed to get this result.
First I made a paper guide to make five cardboard layers for the mask.
You can see the cardboard thickness in this picture:
Then I glued 5 layers with some modifications on the mouth, ears and eye sizes. I didn’t cut the mouth on the last layer for obvious reasons.
There is also a hole for the nose on the other side of the mask so it fits better on italian descendents.
I used oil clay to smoothen the details.
I dont have pictures of the next step but I used a thing we brazilians call “plastic dought” or something like that, you can find in building material stores.
I preffer using cardboard to put the dough on the mask because its easyer to handle than a spatulla and you can trow it away after using.
I applied the “cola plastica universal” or plastic dough (since I lack a better translation for that) three times, the first to get the forms, the second to fix the details and the third to do the finishing.
Between each time I used sand paper to make it as smooth as possible before aplying the nex layer.
After using the sandpaper for the last time and painting it got this look:
I used pearl white and black acrilic paints.
Now to make the teeth I got two layers of the thick cardboard and one of a smothier paper that I found around my house.
I call it “magic paper”.
Each tooth is a diferent piece.
After painting, I glued them together in a black piece of cardboard to guarantee the alignment and thickness. Then I glued the cardboard with the teeth on the mouth.
To make the finishing, I got a piece of cloth that let the light go through it and glued it directly to the back of the mask. (2 parts water 1 part glue with a brush).
Also I had a little problem with the alignment of the mask with my face so I put some kitchen sponges with the black cloth around to get a more confortable fit.
For the next step I got a elastic band and a small drill. So I made two holes on each side and passed the rubber band through it.
I painted over the elastic bands with no regrets.
I made it with two bands so that its easyer to adjust it on the head. It usually messes up the hair a little bit but I don’t think Zacharie would mind that…
There are some cracks on the surface because some casualities on the “cardboard layers step” but on normal conditions that wouldn’t happen.
I hope this helped a little bit to the curious people to understand the process of making something with this look. I apologise strongly for that english is not my first language so there must be some very odd phrasal constructions on this post.
Thats how I went to my office this tuesday.”
Hope you liked, feel free to ask any questions!!
- gerardismybatman likes this
- malocclusive likes this
- rinunandberry likes this
- strawberry-boxers reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- strawberry-boxers likes this
- 43darknero likes this
- tinypuffballofanger reblogged this from unikittyprincess
- resonatingchaos likes this
- ghostundertakerelsen likes this
- dagueya likes this
- necroashi likes this
- redarmyknife likes this
- tony-rabbottt likes this
- snipeysnoo reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- sweaterlamb reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- anofficialpotato likes this
- ask-shadowlurker reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- ask-shadowlurker likes this
- sweethoneybees likes this
- water-is-love likes this
- pyromantical likes this
- psychedelicfandom reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- xmidnightccx likes this
- nepharley likes this
- eelskinsoup reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- technicolorsuicide reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- popcornnotmarshmellows likes this
- despairkuroha likes this
- vampire498 likes this
- vampire498 reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- halfwaytosomething likes this
- mccoyhype likes this
- canadiicorn reblogged this from castiels-technicolor-trenchcoat
- castiels-technicolor-trenchcoat reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- castiels-technicolor-trenchcoat likes this
- mahousagi likes this
- sollz33 likes this
- assumedanemone likes this
- bunkbedhead reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- deer-seto likes this
- halfofamarco likes this
- heartlessspade likes this
- ask-dark-phoenix likes this
- actualaphitaly likes this
- rogueoffear reblogged this from cissaisthisyou
- rogueoffear likes this
- quaintlyunhinged likes this
- bearpowers likes this
- catsinabucket likes this
- sariveliz reblogged this from cissaisthisyou